Pay: $20 to $24 per hour depending on experience
Hours: 32 hours per week with room to grow to 40 hours
Benefits: Health insurance program with 50% covered by us, one week paid vacation, $2k toward the purchase of an ebike after six months of employment
Dandelion is a specialty bike shop focused on utility and transportation ebikes. We sell top-quality brands that use Bosch and Shimano ebike systems. We are seeking an experienced mechanic to assemble and service ebikes. Experience with ebikes is preferred but not required. This position has a fixed schedule: 10am to 6pm, Tuesday through Saturday. A workbench and all necessary tools will be provided. Training will be provided by our service manager. Attendance of additional certification programs will be required, with all expenses covered.
Dandelion is a unique work environment that is relaxed and supportive (not a “fast-paced work environment”). When we designed the service department, our goal was to create a comfortable workplace with minimal surprises. A few examples –
- We only service bikes from the brands that we sell. This allows our mechanics to develop a deeper knowledge of our products and keeps them from wasting time and energy on unfamiliar bikes.
- All service is by appointment. Customers book service through our website, and we follow up with an email and a quote before the customer arrives. This means that we are fully prepared when the bike is dropped-off, and the customer has a good idea of what the service will cost before they set foot in the shop.
- Our workstations are big, bright, and snazzy. Workbenches are 11ft long. Two bright workshop lights per station! Compressed air! Efficient Velo Tools workstands!
- Assembling and repairing ebikes and cargo ebikes with Bosch and Shimano systems
- Troubleshooting mechanical and electrical issues
- Cleaning and maintaining a work bench
- An enthusiasm for ebikes as machines and as part of the greater cycling culture
- Two years of experience working as a full-time professional bicycle mechanic
- Ability to lift 60 lbs
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with staff and customers
- Bosch eBike certification
- Experience with Riese & Muller ebikes and cargo ebikes
- Experience with Shimano STePS
- Experience with SR Suntour, FOX, and Marzocchi suspension
- Experience with Rohloff, Pinion, and Gates Carbon Drive
How to Apply:
Please send a résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org